Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Taking Kids Out to Lunch

Taking Kids Out to Lunch
Guest post of the week by Val Flores





I think one of the best ways to get kids mentally ready for school is to give them a mental break. I always make sure to make the most of my kids' winter holiday, by simply bonding with them. The last thing I want them to think about is school during the holidays. A mental break allows them to get mentally refreshed for a new semester of challenging educational material.
One fun thing I like to do with kids is simply take them out to lunch at their favorite restaurant. They happen to love the lego factory and doing lunch at the little cafe there. So, I will often take them out to eat at this place. Before leaving, I am always sure to set our home security alarm (www.securitychoice.com/adt-home-security/) just to be safe. This makes me and the kids feel safer leaving our home.
Bonding with kids over lunch is a fun activity for any parent and his or her children. I love seeing how my kids develop over the years and what their interests are. One year my kids love a certain kind of toy, and the next year they love another new thing. I always find out what types of sports my kids are interested in or what the popular things for their generation to do are. I love doing lunch with my kids!

0 comments:

Post a Comment