Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Halle Berry shoots down Aretha Franklin

So the gossip has been that Halle Berry would play Aretha Franklin in her Biopic but while Halle was talking to E! News on the red carpet of the Golden Globes.  Halle Berry shot that notion down with the quickness saying "If I could carry a tune, I'd consider it...Someone should tell Aretha that I can't do her justice."

Aretha wants Halle to play this role but...okay no Tea no Shade BUT WHO THE HELL would let Halle do that in her right mind.  Aretha has never been a looker, and she has an okay/iconic voice but really HALLE BERRY... Aretha sit down please.  Aretha called into the Wendy Williams show and said,
"For the last four years, we've been talking about (the film), and I have had a number of offers," she says. "Unfortunately, they were not good offers. Now, we have something on the table. They have all of the financing on one project... (and are) in the process of writing things for me to approve... Halle Berry is my pick."

We shall see where this goes but personally I want Amber Riley aka Mercedes from the hit FOX show GLEE to play Aretha she damn sure has the voice and discipline to play they hell out of that role

0 comments:

Post a Comment